Re: [tools-pmc] VE incubator - FOCUS

Philippe

Thanks for persevering.

My vote is +1 on #1 below ... I clarified which project the component would be a member of below to make it clear it was a component of VE.

-1/ an incubating component within VE (a novel approach) would be preferred.

I will consult with the EMO if this is allowed within the current incubator framework

John

"Philippe Ombredanne" <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/22/2007 02:05 PM

Please respond to
pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

cc
Subject
[tools-pmc] VE incubator - FOCUS

All:
At that stage I would appreciate that we keep focused on my initial request.
So I am start a new thread.
I begin to be utterly confused but not yet hopelessly. VE is an all
volunteer project, so have some mercy.

The only thing we need (for VE at least) is some flexibility:
VE Committers have expressed their whish to keep the current core code base
and project as is, not move back to incubation. I shall respect that.

We have new contributions comming from serious, law-abiding individuals and
organizations, and I want to keep up our fledgling momentum.

I can do it several ways:
-1/ an incubating component (a novel approach) would be preferred.
-2/ an incubating project under VE.
-3/ a tools incubator
-4/ a complete separate project.

I am not asking asking for a discussion, but a simple answer on 1, 2, 3 or 4
so I can move on.

Cordially
--
Cheers