[tools-pmc] PHP Project dropping integration with WTP?

Title: Bjorn Freeman
John, Doug, Jeff,
While reading the WTP PMC email list, I saw a conversation about the PHP project and it's use/non-use of WTP server infrastructure: "The PHP tools project has dropped or is planning to dropped support for the Apache Server built on top of the WTP server infrastructure. The PHP team is building there own Apache server support which isn't based on the WTP server infrastructure. ... Eventually the PHP team decided to move off the WTP server infrastructure."

Is this true? I was unable to find any supporting documentation (for yeah or nay) on the PHP project website or php-dev mailing list. In fact, as a serious aside, I couldn't find the PHP project plan anywhere on the PHP project's website. The project plan is an essential part of an Eclipse project's interaction with the community at large - why isn't there a project plan link on the website? Where is the plan?

Given that Board has explicit passed a resolution calling for more integration between the projects, having a project move towards less integration, and doing so without public discussion, just doesn't seem like a good thing. In fact, it seems like a bad thing.

Could you guys clarify the situation?
--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Director, Open Source Process