[theia-dev] Take a bow, folks

Hi folks,

Two years ago, I had the crazy idea that if we were bold enough to pretend we can completely implement the VS Code API, the community might step up to the plate.

https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/issues/9863

May I stretch the baseball metaphor and say it's a home run?

I've just opened https://github.com/eclipse-theia/theia/pull/12935. After the recent addition of the notebook API, this is the last official gap we had in our VS Code API implementation.

I think this a great achievement. We should all take a moment and appreciate how far we've come with this effort. Personally, the way everyone from the community has chipped in to make this a reality gives me the warm and fuzzies :-).

I'm looking forward to personally toast this achievement at EclipseCon with those who can make it there.

cheers, Thomas

Back to the top