Re: [sumo-user] shortest path exercise

The router is known to underestimate waiting times at traffic lights if the network doesn't have any other cars in it.
You can use duarouter with the same trips as input and it will tell you the estimate traveltime, it should be lower for the route without a middle point.
The next step would be to observe the trip in sumo-gui and check for any delays en route.
The routeLength being higher without a middle point might be due to different speed limits on the routes (the longer route with a higher speed limit could be faster from the point of view of the router).
If you cannot figure it out, please provide the inputs for an investigation.