Re: [sumo-user] Airport simulation

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022, at 5:56 PM, The div wrote:
> That sounds interesting enough to play with for fun :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Seems that we will have a lot of material for several upcoming SUMO conferences ;-). The current agent-based version actually does not handle takeoffs and landings, planes appear and disappear at the ends of taxiways. IIRC we already have bi-directional lanes so reversing the runway direction should not be an big issue (well ...). If we are lucky, the plane reversing from its gate using a tow truck issue could be actually somehow solved by using the railway extension, but it definitely needs someone with deeper insight (i.e. Jakob E., Michael B.?) to actually say if it is not a "Schnapsidee" (a nonsense idea).

The main problem (as always) will be to find a capable student or students who will implement all those bells and whistles ... but as a student project, we might get lucky. It will be a challenge nevertheless.

Jan

Back to the top