[sumo-user] Tram track shared with vehicles

Hi all,

we are currently editing part of a SUMO network imported from OSM, where the importer did not quite manage to reconstruct a tramway track that is part of a normal street (i.e. personal vehicles and buses share the track with trams, with trams having priority).

I have it currently as two overlapping edges, one for trams and one for vehicles, but I am not sure how the interaction between a tram and a vehicle will work out ... is it a valid approach or should I merge both edges into a single edge where trams and vehicles are allowed? And make a small junction at places where the tramway track joins the street and at the place where the separated track begins?

Thanks!

Jan

Back to the top