[sumo-user] Energy saving due to platooning

Good morning,

I wanted to check if energy savings are implemented when using Simpla to create platoons. When evaluating the outputs, I noticed that the follower vehicle does not consume less fuel when the vehicles are platooning compared to when the vehicles are not driving in platoon.
Currently I have tried to give the vehicle in follower mode a more fuel efficient emission class to solve that, but I wanted to ask if there is a better or an already implemented solution.

Thanks and best regards
simplaplatooner

Back to the top