[sumo-user] "Lazy" boarding behavior at stops: persons jump over lanes

Dear all,

I observed some unexpected behavior at stops:

1. persons can enter or leave vehicles at stops, even though the vehicle is not at the lane where the stop is attached to, but also on lanes with a higher lane index (means they jump from the platform across lanes into the vehicle).

2. I noticed that persons  jump into vehicles even before they reached their edge-position according to the plan. The only condition to board  seems to be that a vehicles stops in the defined position-range and a person just happens to be in this range when the vehicle stops. This seems to occur in more recent SUMO versions.

Unfortunately with such a behavior I cannot selectively pick up persons with vehicles at dedicated positions, or just park vehicles at certain positions.

I've been complaining about this behavior some time ago. I found a workaround, but especially the second behavior makes it impossible to do what I intend. For my purpose access lists do not help, and changing vehicle capacity dynamically through TraCi is not possible.

So maybe someone of you did find a way to handle this type of problem. Otherwise I'd ask if it were a big issue to change code, there may be some really simple ways of fixing:

- board only if vehicle is on the lane of the stop

- allow change vehicle capacity through TraCi (one could  lock the vehicle by setting capacity to 0 or to the number of persons already in the vehicle, but that would not prevent persons jumping off the vehicle whenever it stops)

- adding a Lock attribute to the vehicle, this would be the best solution and also closest to reality.

Thanks as always for any ideas on this matter.

Best wishes,

Joerg

Back to the top