Re: [sumo-user] Different behavior when setting Lane change mode vs. setting lcParameters

Hello again,

I use lc_params to refer to the 3 parameters lcStrategic, lcCooperative, and lcSpeedGain in the previous email, and lc_mode to refer to the lane changing mode. To clarify, here are some experimental results for each case for 100 vehicles on a 1000 m road with 2 free lanes (NO blockages):
+-----------------+---------+------+
lc_params       | lc_mode | Time |
+-----------------+---------+------+
| Set to 1        | 512     | 241  |
+-----------------+---------+------+
| Unset (default) | 512     | 241  |
+-----------------+---------+------+
| Set to 0        | 512     | 172  |
+-----------------+---------+------+
| Set to 1        | 1621    | 204  |
| Unset (default) | 1621    | 204  |
| Set to 0        | 1621    | 218  |

As seen from the table, Regardless of whether the lc_params are set to their default value (1) explicitly, or if they are unset (default value is used), the result (time in steps) of the simulation stays the same in both cases of the lc_mode (512 and 1621). This is in line with my understanding. However, when the lc_mode is set to 512, lc_params should in fact make no difference since the behaviour controlled by these lc_params were already deactivated - namely, do no strategic changes, do no cooperative changes and do no speed gain changes.

So what I gather is that there is some form of hierarchy - Which parameter do I set to overwrite the other no matter what? Or why would setting lc_params to 0 in the case of lc_mode = 512 make a difference?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Hriday