[sumo-user] Flow Probability on Routes File

I am confused about get random departures of given flows in a fixed time period (3600 seconds). I defined the flow over route in the routes files as:

<flow id="f_1" begin="0.00" route="r_1" number="100" probability="0.50"/>

Following the indications in:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html#flows_with_a_fixed_number_of_vehicles

I expected that SUMO should distribute 100 vehicles over the fixed time period (defined in the sumoconf file) with the given probability. But this is not true since the amount of vehicles that SUMO generates is far more than 100. Is there something I missed in the configuration? My goal is to insert the number of vehicles over a route in a hour with different probabilities of insertion.

Thanks

--
“Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought“ (Shelley)

Back to the top