Re: [sumo-user] Strange results with Webster method for traffic lights

Hello,
I would generally expect that modifying cycle times and green split according to Webster leads to performance improvements compared to unoptimized fixed plans.
Could it be that your scenario has significant departDelay in some of your runs?
A likely reason for unexpected performance measures is that one scenario has much departDelay and (comparatively) less timeLoss (since timeLoss is only counted after departure) while another scenario that works better, has less departDelay but more timeLoss.
A simple way to check is by using statistic-output and comparing the sum of totalTraveTime and totatDepartDelay (for scenarios that have the same demand input and run to completion).

regards,
Jakob