Re: [sumo-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: reaction time and desired time gap

Please check the updated description at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Car-Following-Models.html#model_parameters and let me know if it is sufficient to answer your question.

Am Mo., 7. Feb. 2022 um 16:53 Uhr schrieb Pradeep Viyaluru Harinath <pradeep.viyaluruharinath@xxxxxxxx>:
Hello Jakob,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the documentation and it was a bit misleading on whether tau is used as a parameter to specify reaction time or time headway.  Say I have a composition with vehicle 1 brake reaction Time 0.7sec , time headway 1.5 sec, vehicle 2 brake reaction time 0.4sec , time headway 2 sec. How can I provide in sumo?

Regards,
V.H.Pradeep

From: sumo-user <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 7, 2022 3:42:59 AM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [sumo-user] reaction time and desired time gap

  **EXTERNAL EMAIL**
  This email originated outside of The University of Texas at San Antonio.
  Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

tau="2" is a valid parameter. For details on tau and reaction time, see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Car-Following-Models.html#model_parameters

Am Mo., 7. Feb. 2022 um 08:38 Uhr schrieb Pradeep Viyaluru Harinath <pradeep.viyaluruharinath@xxxxxxxx>:

Hello ,

I would like to know how to specify reaction time of vehicles and also the desired time headway. I believe the parameter “tau” is specified to give desired headways in SUMO but I wonder it has a range of 0 to 1, if I want to say I want to give 2 sec headway how do I that

Regards,

V.H.Pradeep