Re: [sumo-user] The edge within the route is not known.

My query regarding tool xyz is not about thing that happen during the simulation.
In your case, the tool is ptlines2flows.py which is called in the processing chain of SAGA
My guess is that the following sequence of events happened:
- you ran SAGA on an OSM file which generated (among other things) the files osm_pt.rou.xml and osm.net.xml
- you modified the network
- you tried to run osm_pt.rou.xml on the modified network.

Rerunning the ptlines2flows step of SAGA should be sufficient to fix the problem.
Your modified network must also be called osm.net.xml for SAGA to use it.