Re: [sumo-user] Modeling human drivers' large reaction time

Using action step length is the recommended way if the reaction times are variable over your vehicle population or if you need high-frequency position information.
Otherwise you could also increase the simulation step-length.

If you mostly want to capture the differences in following distances (which drivers usually increase in response to self-awareness of reaction times), you could simply modify the driver 'tau' values instead (but drivers would then react with whatever step-length is set).