[sumo-user] Question about xml2csv tool and plot_csv_timeline visualization

Hello,

I am trying to visualise certain behaviour in my bare bones SUMO simulation. Initially, I want to reuse as many visualisation tools as mentioned in https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Visualization.html as required to gain an insight of the behaviour of vehicles. I did not find an example for plotting certain output files like lanechange outputs.

As mentioned on https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/index.html , I am using the python tool xml2csv.py to convert lanechange output to CSV and then attempting to use https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Visualization.html#plot_csv_timelinepy but I get the following error:

_csv.Error: iterator should return strings, not bytes (did you open the file in text mode?)

After googling the error and on inspecting the source code (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/blob/v1_11_0/tools/visualization/plot_csv_timeline.py), the line

with open(file, 'rb') as f:

seems to be opening it in binary format (bytes) and should instead be opened with 'r' flag instead of 'rb'. Is this a necessary change or is there something I am missing to make this work?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Hriday

Back to the top