[sumo-user] effect of step-length on e1 detector measurements

Hi everyone,

I am evaluating a scenario where I defined E1 detectors (0.1m from the stop line) to extract saturation flows at intersections. I am using a W99 model, which seems to behave more accurately when I set the time step length to 0.1 sec.

I compared the E1 detector measurements and classic edge data for a step length of 1 s and 0.1 s. The detector results (aggregated to 90 s as this is the cycle time of traffic signals in my scenario) appear to be largely different. In fact, the total number of detected vehicles is more than 40% different. The total number of (entered and left) vehicles according to edge data differs only around 0.5%.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Thanks a lot!

Best

Gabriel