[sumo-user] Loading state and simulation start speed

Hi everyone

In my experiments, I need to save and load the simulation several times, and each time I do a loading, I start a new simulation.

Generally speaking, starting a simulation does not take too long (e.g., 1 second)

However, since I have to do it several times, most of the experiment time is about starting those. (I save the state in a time step and test it several possibilities from it)

1.: Do I really need to start a new simulation to load a state? It does not sound like just loading a state should take so much time.

2.: if (1) is not viable, how can I just... like... fork a simulation so I could just copy data over (i.e., "duplicate a simulation") and start using it with no delay?

Sincerely,

Marcelo d'Almeida

Back to the top