Re: [sumo-user] SUMO forces maximal deceleration for a vehicle

Hello,
with speed mode 7 the bit0 (regard safe speed) is set and therefore sumo can overrule your setSpeed/slowDown command in a situation it considers safety-critical.
You can prevent this by setting a different speed mode or by setting another value for decel and emergencyDecel (note, that more situations will appear dangerous to the model when setting a lower decel value).

the time gap is computed as gap/speed. A negative value means that the leader vehicle has longitudinal overlap or with the ego vehicle (not necessarily lateral overlap). The leader may even be behind ego (but this may be an unexpected edge case related to very long zipper junctions.

regards,
Jakob