Re: [sumo-user] Lane choice when stopping beside the road

We plan to improve on this: https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/5443

Am Do., 19. Nov. 2020 um 23:37 Uhr schrieb <Maria.Armellini@xxxxxx>:
Hi Chris,

You could write a python script and use sumolib for that. You can check which is the first lane of the edge that allows the vClass that you need by using the commands getEdge(), getLane() and allows(). See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Sumolib.html and https://sumo.dlr.de/daily/pydoc/sumolib.html

I think that the option of only defining the edge for the stop and that the vehicle then automatically selects the lane located at the most right is not yet implemented in sumo.

Regards,
Giuliana
Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Chris Abraham <chrisbrhm@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. November 2020 23:05:48
An: sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [sumo-user] Lane choice when stopping beside the road

Hi all,

I would like define a taxi which make a few stops *beside* some edges. So I defined my stops with `parking="true"` as shown below:

`< stop lane="edge_0" until="50.00" parking="true" />`

However, when I ran the simulation, I got an error saying that the taxi is not allowed to stop on lane `edge_0`. I realised that `edge_0` is a sidewalk which doesn't allow taxis. However `edge_1` is a road and it does allow taxis. So I redefine the above stop, but with `lane="edge_1"`. When I rerun the simulation it then works.

I would like to find out if there is an easier way than redefining the lane index for each and every stop that encounters an error. I want my taxis to stop *beside* the edges, so it shouldn't matter what lane the I select... It would be nice if I could just define the *edge* rather than the *lane* when defining the stop (i.e. `< stop edge="edge" until="50.00" parking="true" />`).

Please see the attached figure if my explanation didn't make sense.

Chris