Re: [sumo-user] Opposite direction driving problem

For some reason your network was built with option --lefthand even though the area is in a RHT part of the world.
In lefthand networks, the lane numbering is reversed which means that overtaking on the reverse side (towards the right) must be triggered with
                traci.vehicle.changeLaneRelative(vehID, 1, duration)
(The same relative direction index that would be used in RHT networks).
Sumo even provides the warning "Warning: Ignoring indexOffset -1 for vehicle 'v' which is already on laneIndex 0" to indicate that the index you sent is not usable.

regards,
Jakob