Re: [sumo-user] Manual bus routing via traci, ordering of stops in the getNextStops list

Hello,
this is a known issue when using traci.vehicle.setStop with cyclical routes. https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/6211
At the moment, all stops are added to the next suitable edge along the route without regard to other stops. If the route passes the edge of stop_B ahead of stop_A then their order will be B, A.
The only workaround is to delay setting the stop until the point where the next possible edge is also the desired edge.
The result of getNextStops is the actual order in which stops will be visited.

I recommend generating your bus schedule as xml file if it is static or to use the taxi api if you need to schedule multiple stops dynamically in a DRT-context (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Taxi.html#traci)

regards,
Jakob