Re: [sumo-user] TraCI slowDown function

It's a bug: see https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7361

Am Mi., 5. Aug. 2020 um 09:40 Uhr schrieb Proyash Podder <ppodd002@xxxxxxx>:
Hi!
I was trying to play with TraCI’s slowDown API and facing an issue. For my simulation, say, I need to reduce my speed to 2 unit. So, I write this: traci.slowDown(speed-2,1).

But the result I got is: If at 5.00 Second, the speed is 20, at 6.00 second, I see the speed to be 19 and at 7.00 second, I see the speed to be 18.. But theoretically, the speed should become 18 at 6.00 second.

One case might be if the max deceleration rate is low so that it cannot reduce the speed so fast. But then, I rewrite the slowDown function to that: raci.slowDown(speed-4,1).  Now I see that, at 6.00 second, I got the speed 18 and the speed become 16 at 7.00.

So, in summary although I try to reduce the speed by x unit at 1 second, it takes 2 seconds to make so.
Can anyone explain to me, what I am getting wrong here?