[sumo-user] Rerouting the vehicle due to lane blockage

Hi all,
I have generated the vehicle using routeSampler.py. I want to study the time
delay that can be caused due to blockage of certain lanes in the network. I
am having two problems:
1. How can we create a lane blockage in SUMO?
2. The vehicles that I generated using routeSampler.py won't reroute itself.
What options are available to reroute the vehicle in case of lane blockage
or traffic congestion?

Also, Is there any TRACI function to determine the travel time of the
vehicles?
If I change the vehicle state or lane state using TRACI, is it permanently
changed in the network file?

Thanks,
Anil