Re: [sumo-user] Building a Zipper Merge

A zipper merge is commonly built at a lane drop. In your simulation the 'subject' vehicles actually perform a zipper merge to the right lane but then immediately change back to the left lane (for strategic reason) because that lane was not dropped. I recommend building a section with just one lane if you wish to avoid this behavior.

regards,
Jakob

Am Mi., 3. Juni 2020 um 15:13 Uhr schrieb Bae, Jong In <jbae42@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Please see the attached file for the sample scenario.
In this scenario, you will find 2-lane straight road where 5 blue vehicles on lane 1 will try to merge into lane 0 at the zipper merge point.
The zipper merge point is at the end of the edge 'E1' (shortly before the angled "exit").

The merging issue occurs around 258s at the zipper merge point.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Thank you!

From: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 8:32 AM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Building a Zipper Merge

Cooperation should work by default. Can you provide a small scenario that demonstrates your problem?

Am Mi., 3. Juni 2020 um 14:17 Uhr schrieb Bae, Jong In <jbae42@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Thank you, I was able to set up the connection as zipper merge.
However, the merging vehicles are not still able to merge due to the vehicles on the target lane not making enough room for the merging vehicles.
Setting 'lccooperative = 1' didn't help much.

Is there any way to force the zipper merge? (one vehicle from each lane takes turn and merge)

Thank you!