Re: [sumo-user] SUMO gap2pred MSCFModel_CC

Hi Thodoris,

the gap2pred and the predspeed variable are passed to any car following model in sumo so that the model can decide what to do (accelerate or brake). gap2pred is simply the distance in meters to the preceding vehicle, while predspeed is the speed of the preceding vehicle in meters per second. With respect to MSCFModel_CC, the model requires additional data to compute what to do, depending on the CACC algorithm you choose. This is where the communication comes into place. For example, if you are using the default CACC (PATH's CACC) the control law also requires acceleration and speed of the first vehicle in the platoon, which can only be obtained by means of communication. As a side note, I guess you should better switch to a sumo version from 1.2.0 onward, as starting from 1.2.0 my platooning models have been included in the official sumo release, so you don't need a special version of sumo.

Does this answer your question?
Best,
Michele