The most likely culprit in your case was the RNG that determined insertion of flows with attribute 'probability'.

regards,
Jakob

Am Mo., 23. März 2020 um 11:11 Uhr schrieb Richter Gerald <Gerald.Richter@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

a.f.a.i.k. not ALL random number generators (i think there are 4 in SUMO)
are initialized deterministically by the random seed.

regards,
Gerald

Von: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Schrab, Karl <karl.schrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Montag, 23. März 2020 10:58:11
An: Sumo project User discussions
Betreff: [sumo-user] Different results on different machines

Hello,

We are currently experiencing a very weird issue related to counting vehicles within lane area detectors (E2). On different machines we receive slightly different results in the counts of vehicles (+/-1 vehicle). Both machines uses the same version of SUMO and the same random seed. Has anyone of you experienced such behavior in the past, can give me an explanation, or has any other idea?

Kind regards,

Karl