Re: [sumo-user] Flow definition disrepancy

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for your quick response.

We are currently defining the flows for one single time period, for one single intersection. We have specified the number of vehicles entering an approach (259). The approach has 5 lanes (2 for right turns, 2 for thru movements and 1 for the left turn). We have also defined the turning probabilities for left, thru and right.

When we run the simulation, however, the output numbers are significantly higher for the thru movement lanes than expected (based on the number of total vehicles at the approach multiplied by the probability for the thru movement). In addition, the right turn movements and the left turn movements are close to what they should be. Consequently, the total number of vehicles at that approach is higher than the number we expect from the flow file. We're struggling to understand how this behaviour could be possible. We've checked that the flow number in the flow file and the turning probabilities in the turns file are correct.

Do you know any possible reasons why this should be happening? Let me know if you need any further information to diagnose.

Thanks,
Chedly