Re: [sumo-user] multi-path algorithm and prediction in sumo

1) marouter is capable of generating route alternatives. The option --paths.penalty can be used to enforce creation of alternatives by penalizing already found routes and then routing again.
2) No. Though I expect this might work. What we already did is run instances of the mesoscopic simulation a few minutes into the future to predict traffic states (and then roll back to an earlier state. See https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/SaveAndLoad

regards,
Jakob