Re: [sumo-user] A question about sumo

Hi
e.g. Random walk model,Random waypoint model ,or Manhattan Model
Are these road network models or traffic models?

On 3/19/2019 15:00Jakob Erdmann<namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Because random-waypoint, random-walk and such are not proper traffic models whereas sumo is concerned with how traffic behaves.
The closest thing would be to have vehicles or pedestrians move between random locations in the network and this could be accomplished by generating them with tools/randomTrips.py using option --intermediate to generate lots of random waypoints. But they would still move within the road network according to traffic rules.

regards,
Jakob