[sumo-user] libsumo & subscriptions

Hello,

when using libsumo some subscriptions are not translated from C++ to Python objects.

e.g.
libsumo.vehicle.getSubscriptionResults() returns a SwigPy object
libsumo.vehicle.getSubscriptionResults(vehID) returns a Python dictionary,
but if one of the subscriptions is the vehicle position then it is again a SwigPy object and so on..

I am aware that the problem is known and that the translation is incomplete.

1. My colleagues and I use a wrapper around SUMO, that was till now organized around obtaining all needed data from subscription and caching it, for faster execution time.
We want to make it configurable to support both traci and libsumo.
Is it on the development roadmap to complete the translation for libsumo subscriptions? If not, then we would rewrite our wrapper, but this would be unnecessary effort if the SUMO developers plan to fix it soon anyways.

2. Assuming support for libsumo subscriptions is not planned:would asking for each variable through libsumo be still faster than obtaining all of them (e.g. all vehicle positions in a simulation) through a traci subscription?
That probably would also depend on the number of vehicles?

Best regards,
Aleksander