[sumo-user] Advice on visualizing additional information

Hi SUMO users,

(not sure if this is a users or dev question, trying here first...)

We extended SUMO to run some behavior on top of the traffic simulation in SUMO. (JVM application communicating with SUMO via Traas/TraCI)  Now we would like to visualize additional information, and need some advice on how to do this.

Ideally, we would like to show additional information in the SUMO GUI -- what we would need is essentially only showing additional labels on objects, or popping up arrows on or between vehicles. Unfortunately, the GUI and TraCI interface does not allow this. What we would need, minimally, would be to show a label at a certain position for a certain duration, and showing an arrow from one position to another for a certain duration.

Would you recommend that we extend the SUMO GUI for this? This would entail extending Traas/TraCI as well...

Or would you recommend building a separate GUI?

Thanks,

Joel

--
Prof. Dr. Joel Greenyer