[sumo-user] Cooperative lane-changing: awareness of blocking followers

Hi,

I have a question regarding cooperative lane-changing and the criteria when a vehicle becomes aware of a potential blocking follower. I read that for the lane-changing model, vehicles have knowledge about its surroundings in terms of possible conflicting vehicles approaching the same junction.

For instance, consider a situation where we have vehicles traveling on a motorway with multiple lanes (say, edge1). When a vehicle is approaching the motorway from an entrance (edge2) and is about to merge with the vehicles on the main road (at the common edge3), it is a situation which might call for cooperative lane-changing or cooperative speed reduction. What controls how far away the vehicle on the entrance becomes aware of the vehicles on the main road being potential blocking followers?

Regards,
Jimmy

Back to the top