[sumo-user] by routing device assumed speed

Dear sumo developers,

I was wondering if you could please explain a bit more about "by routing device assumed speed", as no such information is provided here:
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Demand/Automatic_Routing#Investigating_edge_weights

Only available info is here :
http://sumo.sourceforge.net/userdoc/Z/Changes_from_Version_0.25.0_to_Version_0.26.0.html

as
  • Lanes can now be colored by routing device assumed speed. This is an exponential moving average of mean travel speeds used for dynamic reroutingIssue #2189

    When I select this in sumo-gui at the beginning of the simulation, all streets hasve the same color, does this mean, the GPS considers all the streets the same and does not interpolate the speed limit of streets?

  • Another question is:
I am interested to investigate (and see )  the average speed of vehicles during the run-time. I have tried "by the average speed" as it shows the speed limit, I tried the " by routing device assumed speed" and I observed the above point. therefore, I may change my question as: is it possible to obtain the average speed of vehicles compared to the speed limit of the streets? for example, avg speed of vehicles is 40 and the speed limit of the street is 30,  so the difference is -10, is there a way to get such information is SUMO in terms of GUI? I have noticed the there is a "scale width" and "uniform" in the street tab of GUI but not sure how to use it?

Many thanks
Mohsen

Back to the top