Re: [sumo-user] Customerized defined and modified partners of the SUMO

Harald,

Thanks for your explanation .
1) May I have an understanding that all you explain is  based on the circumstance red light (current state) to green light, not switch from green to red?

>     actuated: if (timeHeadWayInApproach > criticalHeadway) ... switch
>     delay_based: if (delayInApproach < threshold) ... switch

2) For example, there are four cars waiting at one intersection.

————————————————————————
TLS: C1 C2  C3 C4     <——( flow direction)
———————————————————————

Just the " the time distance between two adjacent cars C1 and C2" is taken into the consideration?  What does time, distance mean?

Thanks in advance!

Appreciate!

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 2:02 PM Harald Schaefer <haraldschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jane,

the first question was already answered in this group in June

Am 22.06.2018 um 00:44 schrieb Jane Cheung:
> As a reply, the "Switch'means that the traffic lights will change the phase?
> What do  the "timeHeadWayInApproach" and "delayInApproach " mean"? How to get the two parameters?
>
> Regards!
> Jane
>
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 1:06 AM Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>     Both controllers have a trivial formula that only consists of one inequality each:
>
>     actuated: if (timeHeadWayInApproach > criticalHeadway) ... switch
>     delay_based: if (delayInApproach < threshold) ... switch

timeHeadWayInApproach is measured by SUMO using (automatically inserted) E2 detectors, it means the time distance between two adjacent cars c1 and c2.
So the switch is triggered as soon as the gap (or headway) between two cars is greater than a value edited for the TLS.

Similar for delay in approach. If a car in the traffic flow is less delayed by the traffic situation, the switch occurs. Again: this value is computed by SUMO.

To your second question: Here you must compute in a traCi script, when the switch of phases should occur (see the example http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing

Regards, Harald

Am 13.09.2018 um 18:20 schrieb Jane Cheung:
Dear all ,

There is some problem that I hope someone could help me.
1) For SUMO, how does the actuated function of TSL define? In other words,  could we express the function by using some mathematical formulation?
 2) If I want to change the default actuated function in SUMO, how to do it?

Best!