Re: [sumo-user] Getting information from simulated vehicle

Regarding client ordering: the process that spawns the clients just needs to assign an arbitrary running number and this number is given after connecting with the setOrder command.

Does it mean setting up the order in which the clients will be served by Traci server?

Muktadir

From: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 6:09:03 PM
To: Sumo project User discussions
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Getting information from simulated vehicle

The web service technology employed by TraaS can be used in a local network without involving the world wide web.
Regarding client ordering: the process that spawns the clients just needs to assign an arbitrary running number and this number is given after connecting with the setOrder command.

My client program can not be web-based. So I am left with the first option and I am using C++ Traci API.

When using TraCI in multi-client mode, all clients have to connect at the beginning and all of them have to run at least a loop similar to

while True:
  traci.simulationStep()

According to document: "Please note that in multi client scenarios you must explicity specify the execution order of the clients using the SetOrder-command."

Do I also have to do it here? If so how can I do it?

I don't need my client to interfere with the simulation. I just want the simulation to run and the clients will get info as needed.

Muktadir