Re: [sumo-user] SpeedFactor question

the 'c' in normc stans for 'normal distribution with cut-off'. The parameters 0.2 and 2 are the cut-off parameters and this means the sampled speedFactor values will allways be in the range [0.2, 2].

Tne range of 80%-120% comes from the fact that for a normal distribution, 95% of the results are within 2*SD of the mean. And sd =0.1 causes 95% of the factors to be within [0.8,1.2].

Hey everyone,

I am trying to understand in the wiki the following sentence:

Using speedFactor="normc(1,0.1,0.2,2)" will result in a speed distribution where 95% of the vehicles drive between 80% and 120% of the legal speed limit.

As stated before the parameters are (MEAN, SD, MIN, MAX), so for max if its 2, shouldn't it be twice ? 200%? and by MIN I am guessing that it reduces by that factor, right?

Best regards,
José