[sumo-user] R: vehicle is too close to break

Thank you very much, and what happens with pass? Will the vehicle disappear?

Da: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> Per conto di Jakob Erdmann
Inviato: 09 August 2018 12:42
A: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: Re: [sumo-user] vehicle is too close to break

surround the call to vehicle.setStop with try/except:

try:

   vehicle.setStop(...)

except traci.exceptions.TraCIException:

   pass

In my simulation I get this error:

Error: Answered with error to command 0xc4: stop for vehicle 'car228' on lane '48773037_0' is too close to break.

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:/Users/stefa/PycharmProjects/try/attempt.py", line 337, in <module>

    run()

  File "C:/Users/stefa/PycharmProjects/try/attempt.py", line 292, in run

    traci.vehicle.setStop(carIDMin, edge1[k], pos=stop, flags=0, duration=2000)

  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\DLR\Sumo\tools\traci\_vehicle.py", line 734, in setStop

    self._connection._sendExact()

 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\DLR\Sumo\tools\traci\connection.py", line 104, in _sendExact

    raise TraCIException(prefix[1], _RESULTS[prefix[2]], err)

traci.exceptions.TraCIException: stop for vehicle 'car228' on lane '48773037_0' is too close to break.

Step #3601.00Error: tcpip::Socket::recvAndCheck @ recv: Socket reset by peer

Quitting (on error).

And then my hole simulation quits on error. The point is that I tried to avoid this problem changing the edge1 one to the following if the vehicle is already in that edge so to still be able to retrieve some data. Now I don’t know what happened and the simulation is so big that it is almost impossible for me to understand precisely which vehicle gave me that error. I am already using the option “—ignore-route-errors”, is there any other option I could use to ignore this error? Even eliminating the vehicle in the case it happens.

Thank you very much

Stefano Niero