From: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jakob Erdmann
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 10:31 AM
To: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] osmWebWizard.py: “Socket connection failed."

The error indicates, that the osmWebWizard script which communicates with the browser is not running.

Please open up a command line window in sumo/tools and then run

  python osmWebWizard.py

Report any errors printed there.

Dear SUMO users,

I use SUMO Version 0.32.0 and Python 3.6.5.

I could use osmWebWizard.py to generate scenarios successfully before, but recently I found it could not work any more.

The following error occurs when I use osmWebWizard.py:

'Socket connection failed. Please open the OSM WebWizard by using

osmWebWizard.py or the link in your start menu'.

I would like to ask whether the app or website still works well?

Or  some setting has been changed on my PC…

I have googled, there is no good answer to this error.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Kailin