Re: [sumo-user] Disconnect with Traci

Possibly. Unless the error is caused by SUMO closing with an error before opening the socket.
You can run multiple simulations on the same connection by using the function traci.load
See http://sumo.dlr.de/daily/pydoc/traci.html#-load

regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob.
If I have the error"Could not connect to TraCI server at ..",will this be solved by repeating the simulation in the same traci connection?If  yes ,how?

Best regards,
Zhiqiang

Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> 于2018年7月11日周三 下午6:52写道:
If you have the error "connection closed by SUMO" this would not be solved by repeating the simulation in the same traci connection. Diagnose it using logfiles as explained in my last email.

Hi Jakob,
I have add the option numTries=100 to traci.start(),but the error is still exist.Could you please tell me is there a approach to repeat my simulation in the same traci ?Then ,I don't need to connect the server again and again,my problem solved.

Best regards,
Zhiqiang

Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> 于2018年7月11日周三 下午2:44写道:
the error "connection closed by SUMO"  indicates that an error ocurred on the SUMO side.
If you create a log file for every sumo run you can look for the problem in the latest logfile:

for i in range(20000):
   traci.start([sumoBinary, "--start","-c", "data/cross.sumocfg",
                          "--tripinfo-output", "tripinfo.xml", "log", str(i)])

Hi Jakob,
Thank you,it works.But the problem is also exist,it retries for 101 times then closed and I'm sure that my computer's memory is enough.And I also occurred the error that "connection closed by SUMO",If you want more details,tell me.

Best regards,
Zhiqiang

Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> 于2018年7月11日周三 上午1:13写道:
traci.start([sumoBinary, "--start","-c", "data/cross.sumocfg",
                          "--tripinfo-output", "tripinfo.xml"], numTries=100)

Could you please tell me how add the option numTries=100 to traci.start()?

Best regards,
Zhiqiang

Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> 于2018年7月10日周二 下午10:27写道:
- Possibly the simulation cannot start in time because the computer is still busy from closing the previous simulations. You could add the option numTries=100 to traci.start() to diagnose this
- Possibly, the simulation cannot start successfully because your computer is out of memory (which might indicate a memory leak in sumo).

My SUMO version is 0.32.0,and I write a loop to simulate for many times, I start SUMO like this:
for i in range(20000):
    traci.start([sumoBinary, "--start","-c", "data/cross.sumocfg",
                          "--tripinfo-output", "tripinfo.xml"])
    traci.close()
At the beginning,it works well,but it may disconnect with traci and the time points is different.I don't know what's wrong.

Menno van der Woude <menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2018年7月10日周二 下午9:32写道:
Hi Zhiqiang,

it could be helpful if you provide some more details:
Under what circumstances does the connection fail? Do the circumstances
during failure differ from before? Does it disconnect while it is
connected, or not connect at all? Etc.
Also, how are you starting SUMO, manually, programmatically? Etc.

Greets, Menno