Re: [sumo-user] The traffic simulation at the complex intersection

Dear Mr. Jakob,
Many thanks for your help, I have already extracted "*.osm" file from OpenStreetMap for my project but you know in Taiwan the "*osm" file has a lot of mistakes and errors especially the geometry of intersection is not true and causes many problems referred to the lanes, links, traffic light... That's why I have to use the NetEdit to make "*.net.xlm" file.

Could you send me the materials ( web links or videos) referred to "Traci sub" that I do not need creat the ".rou.xml", "*.edge.xml" file and also just create "*.net.xm"?

regards,
Bean.

Hello,
- if you use netedit, then you do not need the .nod.xml and .edg.xml files
- you can use netedit to create visual objects (shapes and POIs) directly. However, it is recommended to start with an open-streetmap import because many things were already defined by other people. You can usually get a good start with this: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/OSMWebWizard
- there is currently no graphical tool to generate the .rou.xml files. If you do not have traffic data, you can use the random traffic: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tools/Trip#randomTrips.py. If you use option --flows this makes it very easy to hand-tune the traffic manually afterwards

regards,
Jakob

Dear all Sumo-user,
My name is Bean and I am a lecturer at University of transport and communications in Vietnam, I am a new sumo-user. In recent days, I spend much time to research the methodologies of Sumo and how can it deal with my project named " The traffic simulation at the complex intersection" in Taiwan. And right now I need your help and support.
First of all, I use TraCI for my project. Unfortunately, I have already finished the "*...net.xml" file by NetEdit software. If I want to use TraCI and python code of TraCI, I have to finish a lot of files first, for example, the (...nod.xml, *.rou.xml, ..,.edg.xml).
So how can I solve this problem?

The second question is How I can use the NetEdit to draw the medium traffic where plant the trees, grass, flowers, etc... between two lanes?
Many thanks.

--

Many thanks and Best Regard !

Manh, Do Van ( Mr )

Civil Engineering Faculty

UNIVERSITY OF TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Add: No.3 Cau Giay St, Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da Dist, Ha Noi Viet Nam

Mobile : +84-972573673

Email: manhdv@xxxxxxxxxx ; manhtracdiaviet@xxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.utc.edu.vn

Many thanks and Best Regard !

Manh, Do Van ( Mr )

Civil Engineering Faculty

UNIVERSITY OF TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Add: No.3 Cau Giay St, Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da Dist, Ha Noi Viet Nam

Mobile : +84-972573673

Email: manhdv@xxxxxxxxxx ; manhtracdiaviet@xxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.utc.edu.vn

Back to the top