Re: [sumo-user] Starting a simulation with already populated streets

Hello,
another solution would be to start the simulation from a saved state that already contains vehicles.
See http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/SaveAndLoad
regards,
Jakob

Hi Aboozar,

depending on why you want this, you could also add a period of say 10 minutes to the start of the simulation, where you already send in traffic, but which you ignore for for example analysis or presentation.
Of course, the network would then still be empty at the start of the simulation.

If you have other reasons than analysis for wanting a full network from the start, you can use TraCI to add vehicles to the network (ie. http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/TraCI/Change_Vehicle_State#add_.280x80.29).

Greets,

Menno van der Woude