[sumo-user] Traci pedestrian walking issue

Hi everyone,

I’m using TraCI (python) to control persons in SUMO. I’m getting some really strange behavior that I can’t seem to debug.

I am routing a pedestsrian (appendWalkingStage function) to go down the road to position x and as soon as it reaches position y (y < x), it turns around. I don’t understand why it turns around, the function appendWalkingStage is not called at any point. It then returns to where it departed from (point z on the road where it exited a vehicle) and unloads.

I have followed the trace and I really can’t see why it’s doing this. I do remove/append stages quite a lot but I believe I am doing this correctly, and at no point do I have a position y (where it turns around). The only reason I can think of this is that I am adding/removing stages in very quick succession (sometimes within the same or next timestep). Could this be causing a bug or confusing TraCI?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Xavier

Back to the top