Re: [sumo-user] The difference between Waiting time and Time loss

for every trip there is a hypothetical duration tMIN that could be achieved if the vehicle was driving with its maximum allowed speed (including speedFactor) and there were no other vehicles nor traffic rules.

timeLoss = tripDuration - tMIN
also, waiting time is always included in timeLoss, therefore
timeLoss >= waitingTime

Dear sumo-users,

In my results I found that trip duration, waiting time and time loss values
are very approximate. I need to use the three metrics and I understood from
the wiki that "waiting time" is due to *stopping* and "time loss" is due to
driving with a lower *speed*. I need to know how those metrics are
calculated and which duration one is included in the other.

[image: Images intégrées 1]

--
*Best regards*

*Sara EL HAMDANI*