Re: [sumo-user] Distance and coordinates conversion from sumo to ns3

This could be caused by re-labeling of the nodes from the order of their first appearance in the trace file. To avoid re-labeling use the traceExporter option --orig-ids (but make sure that all vehicles have numerical ids then).
regards,
Jakob

Thank you for your answer.

It is strange but just by changing the simulation start time of the ns3 application the distance is now respecting the order.

It seems that by choosing a later simulation time as I was doing  the vehicles order is no more respected.

Regards

Fatma

Please send a timestep from the fcd file that corresponds to this situation.
regards,
Jakob

Hello,

I was trying to have vehicles running with a constant speed and a fixed
intervehicle gap with the vehicle 0 is the leader and 5 others vehicles
following it in respect to their ID order. I followed the steps in here
<https://sourceforge.net/p/sumo/mailman/message/36036344/>
and could see in sumo-gui that the vehicle gap is fixed and quite small.

The problem is that when I export the trace to ns2mobility format and run
an application in ns3 that computes the distance between node 0 and the
others nodes, I see that node 2 is much more closer to the node 0 than node
1 which is not the case in sumo-gui where vehicles are moving in the good
order.

Note : I use sumo-0.24.0 and  after using the command traceExporter.py
--fcd-input trip.xml --ns2mobility-output mobility.tcl -b 0 -e 3000
 I get the ns2 tracefile where I change node (0.x)--> node (x).

Can someone please help know the reason of that ?

Best Regards

Fatma MARWOUK