Re: [sumo-user] Questions about Gap between two vehicles and getLeader method

Hi,
you are right and I just noticed it is in fact in the docs: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/TraCI/Vehicle_Value_Retrieval#Extended_retrieval_messages
I added it to the python docs as well.

Best regards,
Michael

Am 2017-07-27 18:44, schrieb Gopindra Sivakumar Nair via sumo-user:
Hi Alessandro

I too faced the issue of the distance returned by
traci.vehicle.getLeader being less than minGap. What I think is, the
value returned by the function = Headway - minGap. So in order to get
the actual headway, you need to add minGap of the vehicle to the value
returned by getLeader.

Can someone else also please confirm if this is how getLeader works?
If so, I think it will be a helpful addition to the documentation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Gopindra

Questions about Gap between two vehicles and getLeader method
     (Alessandro Virgilio)