[sumo-dev] Person MoveToXY

Good Evening,

In a project I am currently developing, I want to freely control a Person position in the network. I am using TraCI in python to control this subject, while the user controls the subject through Unity. The objective is to have other pedestrians and vehicles to interact with said subject.

Currently I am able to create and control a subject using the function traci.person.moveToXY(self, vehID, edgeID, lane, x, y, angle=tc.INVALID_DOUBLE_VALUE, keepRoute=1) The problem is that when I try to make the subject enter a walking area it glitches and the simulation crashes when keepRoute is set to 0, 1, 2 or 4. When keepRoute = 3, the subject goes around the walking area until it reaches the other edge, but never enters it. Is there a way to freely control a person and keep all the interactions with vehicles and other pedestrians?

A simplified version of the python code I use can be found here: https://pastebin.com/ZrraBDdA

Thank you for your attention,
Daniel Garrido

Back to the top