Re: [sumo-dev] Setting individual traffic light state via TraCI (follow up)

Hey Jakob,

this already sounds a lot like what I had in mind. Very nice that the linkIndices can be edited in NETEDIT now!

The linkIndex attribute seems not to arbitrary, in that I can only set it between 0 and [number of links - 1]. Is this a restriction by design? Longer numbers could by themselves suffice, I could use them as an id also in my own application. Otherwise, mapping is good idea and indeed a way better option than adding some arbitrary string to the core models of SUMO.

As for the mapping, I could also easily do that in my own (C#) application. Having it inside SUMO would of course be nice, but if this is a rare requirement, I would not prioritize it. Being able to edit <param> values in NETEDIT may however be a nice feature in general? If that is implemented, implementing the mapping for links may be trivial.

Is the command traci.trafficlight.setLlinkState only available for Python? The wiki does not list this as a seperate TraCI command.

Cleanup states seems not to have effect in the nightly build I am using; the strings stay the same. Changing the linkIndex does have effect.

A thing I noticed: hit testing for links seems not to work well for long straight lines: clicking on the line further away from the connected edge (edgeFrom), that is, closer to edgeTo, selects the junction instead of the link. Not a major bug, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Thanks, greets,

Menno