Re: [statet-users] Problems Updating the R environment index

Hi Fernando,

I can’t help you with the error, but if you are using that outdated Microsoft R Open version 4.0.2 only to enjoy their integrated Intel MKL multithreaded BLAS libraries, I would like to point out to you that you can extract those from MRO and use them also with newer versions of CRAN R, which possibly don’t have compatibility issues with up-to-date versions Eclipse or StatET.

As a starting point I’d suggest the steps described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38090206/linking-intels-math-kernel-library-mkl-to-r-on-windows

(Highest rated Answer “Easier solution than having to recompile R against …”)

I basically copied the relevant files from the MRO installation to the R…\bin\x64 folder, replacing the native Rblas.dll and Rlapack.dll (rename to keep, just in case!), and copied some MRO-specific packages to my library, however, the latter may be less relevant. I further adapted the Rprofile.site, mainly to adjust the url to the CRAN package repository (I also removed all references to the MRO functions, which I don’t use).

Kind regards,

Gunnar