Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech

* Enterprise development, front and back. Listen to Stackd Podcast.
* Speak at conferences? Check out SpeakerTrax.

On April 22, 2023 at 12:04:59 PM, Reza Rahman (reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

This issue was surfaced to the Jakarta EE steering committee for advice. The clear consensus is to stick closely to certification results. I believe we should consider this matter resolved and move forward.

On 4/4/2023 1:59 PM, reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I know. We are already pushing the boundaries of how dynamic the Archetype can be.

However, let’s first see how the discussion settles out. Hardly even all of our own committers have weighed in yet. We can then access how we could implement some of this.

From: starter-dev <starter-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Kurz <skurz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 1:39 PM
To: starter developer discussions <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [starter-dev] Should the starter project require formal certification before allowing combinations of runtimes to be used?

Any ideas how the checkbox on the web UI would translate to a mvn CLI  archetype:generate invocation?

I was taking for granted there was a way but after a couple minutes thought I’m not sure how you’d do this.    I could imagine the generate script printing out a big warning “NOT YET CERTIFIED” but I don’t know how to hide or filter out the choices earlier on.