Re: [starter-dev] 2.0.1 of the Archetype is staged

No problem. I can work with Jeyvison to get it sorted. I will send the secrets directly to IT. The committers will just know the key names.

On 3/28/2023 9:51 AM, Ivar Grimstad via starter-dev wrote:
No, please don't send me anything. Open a ticket with IT so they can set up the secrets in a secure way. They've done it before, so they would know how to do it. We don't want them visible in the job configurations.
All committers have access to Jenkins for the project, so anyone of us can set up the job. Either by adding a step in the job I just created to produce the WAR, or another deploy-job that is triggered by it. Any way works.
I'll be so much on the road the following weeks that adding me as a middle in this will just slow us down.

Ivar

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 3:46 PM reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To be honest, I don’t have strong opinions GitHub Actions vs Jenkins. I can get you the information you need and you (or Jeyvison) can automate the cloud deployment on Jenkins?

For now I hope it’s OK for me to do the deployment by hand to make sure things will even work? There are often problems on the cloud that are unforeseen unfortunately (firewalls, subnets, storage, environment, memory, etc). I am hopeful though there won’t be anything this time.

From: starter-dev <starter-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ivar Grimstad via starter-dev <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 9:36 AM
To: starter developer discussions <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [starter-dev] 2.0.1 of the Archetype is staged

The UI is now built and available here: https://ci.eclipse.org/starter/job/ui-RELEASE/2/

Ivar

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 3:20 PM Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree that it doesn't make sense to publish to Maven Central.
However, I think we should use our Jenkins for the deployment jobs. There you will actually get IT-support to set it up in a secure way. Eclipse Foundations does not usually do that with GH Actions as far as I know.

I have tagged a 2.0.0 release of the UI:

If I haven't heard any objections by then, I will promote the archetype to Central in a couple of hours.
I just want to avoid having to release patches for things that are obvious that we should have caught...

Ivar